Located in the heart of Central Alberta, the city of Red Deer, Alberta features a mix of rolling hills and fertile farmland backed by a picturesque view of the Rocky Mountains on the south west horizon. As the midway point between the major urban centres of Edmonton and Calgary, this Central Alberta community is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation. With a population of over 100,000, the Red Deer real estate market contains over 30,000 homes. Search all single family homes for sale, and view new MLS Listings the instant they become available.
Acreages for Sale – Wolf River Estates
Build your home with a river view or along river side acreage, surrounded by nature, and only minutes from the conveniences of city life. Located just 10 minutes from the city of Red Deer and 13 minutes from Blackfalds, acreages in Red Deer county this close to the city do not come up for sale often. We have the rare opportunity of offering this ideal blend of city and country – Wolf River Estates.
Red Deer, Alberta
The city of Red Deer has everything you need, from first-class health and educational systems to day-to-day stores, shops and restaurants. The city provides a great mix of independent, locally-run shops and restaurants to big box stores and food chains. Find everything you need at one of our key shopping areas including Collicut Centre, Parkland Mall and Bower Mall.
Parks & Greenspaces
The community provides a wide variety of recreational activities and amenities for all four seasons, including both indoor facilities and outdoor greenspaces. Known province-wide for its trail and park system, its also a perfect place for outdoor enthusiasts and active families. Red Deer Outdoor parks and greenspaces include:
- Bower Ponds: Featuring interconnected ponds within Waskasoo Park for boating and fishing. Complete with an outdoor stage area used during Canada Day and Family Winter Fest celebrations.
- Discovery Canyon: A seasonal water park by the RiverBend Golf Course, featuring natural river-fed water pools and playground areas.
- Great Chief Park: Well known for hosting national sports tournaments, this athletic park includes a baseball diamond, three fastball diamonds, a combination soccer/football field and recreational picnic areas.
- Heritage Ranch: Year round hayrides, and guided trail rides from May to October. The area also includes ample recreational park and picnic areas, perfect for a family get together.
- Rotary Recreational Park: A downtown public greenspace located adjacent to the Recreation Centre.
- 3 Mile Bend & The Oxbows: Both are popular off leash dog parks with networks of pathways and trails.
- Canyon Ski Hill: This local ski hill is extremely popular during the winter months, and is Alberta’s largest non-mountain ski resort located a mere 10 minutesaway and boasts 5 lifts with 13 runs.
- Great West Adventure Park: A popular BMX biking track, including a 1,100 foot technical track with jumps and step ups that has played host to local, regional and national competitions.
- Collicutt Centre: A recreational complex housing indoor soccer fields, an ice rink, pool, indoor running track, weight room and field house.
- Enmax Centrium: A 6,000 seat arena and home to the Rebels, our WHL junior hockey team, and multiple trade shows and community events throughout the year.
- Other facilities include:
- Farmers Market: This market runs every Saturday morning from mid May to October.
- Westerner Days Fair & Exposition: Runs yearly in July. Midway, music and fun for all ages.
- Alberta Arts Days & The Alexander Way Arts Festival: Held annually in September, this event showcases Alberta artists of all types and backgrounds.